Pre Feasibility Report

Only available on StudyMode
  • Topic: Poultry farming, Broiler, Poultry
  • Pages : 42 (4029 words )
  • Download(s) : 132
  • Published : December 5, 2012
Open Document
Text Preview
Poultry Farming
Controlled Environment
(35,000 Birds)

R & D and Training Wing

Agriculture Finance Group, Head Office, Lahore
Contact:

Dr. Nasir Mahmood Nasir

Tel: +92 42 99232105

Table of Contents
Summary

2

1. Introduction

3

2. Project Cost

4

3. Present Poultry Industry Scenario

4

4. Effects of Environment on Poultry Farming

5

5. Benefits of Poultry Farming in Controlled Environment

5

6. Marketing Channels

6

7. Farm Requirements and Management

6

8. Production Assumptions

7

9. Human Recourse Requirements

7

10. Equipments and Machinery Requirements

8

11. Summary of Equipment Supply

10

12. Land & Building

11

13. Suitable Site for Poultry Farming

11

14. Project Detail

12

15. Projected Income Statement

13

16. Input Assumptions

14

17. Disclaimer

16

1

Summary
Poultry is one the most important sector of agriculture industry in Pakistan by providing employment to 1.5 million people. Broiler meat is the cheapest source of animal protein available in Pakistan by contributing 4.81% in agriculture growth and 9.84% in Livestock growth. According to Industry sources there is capacity of 5,000 Environmental Control Houses in Pakistan and currently 2,500 houses are working, out of which 75% (1,875) are in Punjab and remaining 25% (625) are in other provinces. In environmentally Controlled Poultry Farm the day old chicks (DOCs) are raised on rich protein feed for about a period of six weeks. Approximately, six flocks of birds could be reared on the same premises of the farm. The Controlled Shed Poultry Farm with population of 35,000 birds presently needs a capital investment estimated at Rs. 19.2 million for construction, purchasing machinery and equipment. In addition to this, a sum of Rs. 5.7 million is required as working capital, which would be used for purchasing day old chicks and other inputs like feed, vaccines, etc. The total project cost is estimated at Rs. 24.9 million. The estimated income varies from 1.9 million to 10 million per annum from first to tenth year of the project. This is a profitable business enterprise due to continuous increasing demand of the white meat in the market and export prospects especially in Muslim countries.

2

1. Introduction
Poultry sector is one of the effervescent segments of Agriculture Industry in Pakistan. This sector generates employment and income for about 1.5 million people. Its contribution in agriculture growth is 4.81% and in Livestock growth 9.84%. Poultry meat contributes 19% of the total meat production in the country. * The current investment on poultry industry is above Rs. 200 billion. Poultry sector has shown a robust growth at the rate of 8-10% annually which reflects its inherent potential. Share of poultry meat in beef and mutton and production of commercial and rural poultry for the last three years are given below in Table I & 2, respectively.

Table No. 1 Meat Production (000 tons):
Meat
2006-07
Beef
1498
Mutton
566
Poultry Meat
554
Total
2618

2007-08
1549
578
601
2728

2008-09
1601
590
652
2843

Table No. 2 Domestic/Rural & Commercial Poultry: **
Type Units
Domestic Poultry
Cocks
Hens
Chicken
Eggs
Meat

Million No
"
"
"
"
000 Tons

74.02
8.84
34.84
30.34
3484
96.54

2007-08
75.11
9.08
35.47
30.57
3547
98.45

2008-09
76.22
9.32
36.11
30.79
3611
100.41

Million No
"
000 Tons

0.67
29.85
0.91

0.64
28.61
0.87

0.61
27.42
0.83

Commercial Poultry
Layers
Briolers
Breeding Sock
Day Old Chciks
Eggs
Meat

Million No
"
"
"
"
000 Tons

24.82
370.70
7.25
387.20
6682
456.95

26.56
407.77
7.61
425.92
7136
501.3

28.42
448.55
7.99
468.51
7620
550

Total Poultry
Day Old Chicks
Poultry Birds
Eggs
Poultry Meat

Million No
"
"
000 Tons

418
477
10197
554

456
518
10711
601

499
562
11258
652

Duck,
Drake
Ducking...
tracking img