* Arpan Gudkha- 14
* Akash Khetan – 19
* Lekh Bhatia – 22
* Neeraj Rengarajan – 27
* Rajat Hegde - 29
* Naren Mansukhani – 57
We would like to thank our Professor Christine Dlima for this opportunity to put to test the theory we have been studying at college, and to go out into the real world and see how things work, for ourselves.
We would like to greatly thank Mr Rohan Vyavaharkar(Head of Communications-Red Bull) and Ms.Sukhmani Singh( Communications Assistant-Red Bull) for their valuable time and abundance of information they shared with us, without which this project would not have been possible.
2| Organisation structure|
3| Difference between PR Activities in India & Abroad|
4| Red bull’s approach to PR|
5| PR Activities carried out|
Red Bull is an energy drink sold by the Austrian Red Bull GmbH. It was created in 1987 by the Austrian entrepreneur Dietrich Mateschitz and on market share Red Bull is the most popular energy drink in the world. History
Red Bull took many marketing and ingredient ideas from an energy drink in Thailand called Krating Daeng. Dietrich Mateschitz, an Austrian entrepreneur, developed the Red Bull Energy Drink brand. Mateschitz was the international marketing director for Blendax, a toothpaste company, when he visited Thailand in 1982 and discovered that Krating Daeng helped to cure his jet lag Red Bull has 4 different products to offer:
* Red bull energy drink- Red Bull Energy Drink is a functional beverage. Thanks to a unique combination of high quality ingredients Red Bull Energy Drink vitalizes body and mind.
* Red bull sugar free- Red Bull Sugarfree is Red Bull without sugar, with only 3 calories per 100 ml. As Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree is a functional beverage that vitalizes body and mind, only without sugar.
* Red bull energy shot - Red Bull Energy Shot is concentrated Red Bull Energy Drink without carbonation and no need to chill. At only 60 ml and 27 calories it contains the same functional ingredients as Red Bull Energy Drink. Red Bull Energy Shot has been developed for all those occasions when you want to perform physically and mentally, but there is no time to stop. It fits easily in a pocket, handbag, jacket or glove box and with no need to chill you can use it anytime, anywhere – in the office, at the gym on the road or on the tube, you name it. In a sip, Red Bull Energy Shots vitalize body and mind.
* Red bull cola- Red Bull Cola is a member of the Red Bull family, but it is not an energy drink. It is a very special cola. With ingredients from 100% natural sources, it is the only cola that contains both coca leaf extract and kola nut.
* Red Bull can be called as a pioneer in the energy drink category worldwide. In India too, Red Bull was the brand that created the energy drink category.
* The brand came to India in 2003. Although the brand has been keeping a low profile compared to the cola majors, Red Bull has created a category of energy drinks in the Indian market.
* Red Bull has an assessed market share of 29% of the global market of energy drinks.
* The major competitors of Red Bull are the different soft drinks like Pepsi, Coke, etc, and other energy drinks like Burn, Monster, Cloud 9,etc.
* Target market segment for Red Bull consists of the core age group of 15 to 30 * More specifically, it is developed for the younger generation and it appeals to various specialized groups such as gamers, sports enthusiasts, etc.
PR STRUCTURE- RED BULL
Red Bull’s Public Relations is basically merged with it’s Communications. 90% of the PR activities is managed IN-HOUSE. It is a team of 3, with a National Communications Manager-Mr Rohan...