Microsoft® PowerPoint® Tutorial
In the online classroom environment at Axia College of University of Phoenix, you will create Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations. (If you do not already have the software, make sure you get access to it.) This tutorial gives you the very basics for starting up with the program. Getting Started
• Open Microsoft® PowerPoint®.
• Start a new presentation: Click on Blank Presentation, then OK.
• Choosing a slide layout: Click on Format, then Slide Layout. A good one to start with is one with a header and bullet points.
• Type in text for the slide (Suggestion: Put the title of your paper in the top box and then your name and class information in the lower box. Next slide: Overview of paper topics—introduction. Next slide: First topic).
• To add presenter’s notes: Click on the Notes Page. Click on View, then Notes Page. To get back to the slide, click on View, then Normal.
• To add a slide: Click on Insert, then New slide.
• To add background color: Click on Format, then Background, and then More colors (for the full palette).
• To insert a slide in the middle of your other slides: Go to the left side of the screen, where it gives you an overview of your slides, and click on the place where you want the new slide to go. Click on Insert, then New Slide
• To change the order of your slides: Go to the presentation overview on the left side of the screen, click on the slide you want to move, and then drag and drop it where you want it to go.
• Save your presentation just as you would save a Microsoft® Word document by clicking on File, then Save. Some Fun Features of Microsoft® PowerPoint®
• To apply one of the design templates: Click on Format, then Slide Design. Choose whichever one you would like to apply to your presentation.
• To insert clip art or a picture file: Click on Insert, choose Picture, then click on Clip...