The Catholic Church and the Population Program
By Jose Nacieno
CBCPS’s GUIDING PRINCIPLES
July 10, 1990
* First Principle: “Respect should be given to the sacredness of human life in all stages.”
* Second Principle: “Marriage and the marital act have two aspects: the unitive and procreative”
* Third Principle: Directly willed abortion, the use of abortifacients, sterilization and contraception are wrong in themselves.
* FifthPrinciple: the Church advocates natural family planning as the only morally acceptable way.
* Sixth Principle: the Church rejects the contraceptive mentality.
* Seventh Principle: the Church teaches that the decision on the number of children lies solely on the Parents.
* Eighth Principle: Hence the Church is against any coercion exercises on couples to pressure or force them to limit or increase the number of their children.
* Tenth Principle: “because the Church regards artificial contraception as wrong itself, the Church will object to their dissemination as we.
* Eleventh Principle: The Church acknowledges religions freedom of conscience.
=Scope and Sequence on Pop Ed=
1) Responsible sexual Behavior
2) Wholesome family Relationship
3) Every Child is a Wanted Child
4) Artificial Methods of Family Planning
5) Women as a Potent Force in Development
6) Population & Sustainable Development
Volume 2 – Gender Development
* Women in Development
By Pop Com
Source: The Philippines: Country Reports on Population
* (PWDP) Philippine Women Development Plan or (R.A. 7192)
was intended to promote the integration of women as full and equal partner of men development & nation building.
* Population & the status of Women
Source: Philippine Population Management Program Briefing Kit, Paper Numbers
* Pregnancy/Childbirth complication
is one of the 10 leading causes of female death in the Philippines.
=The Status... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 08). Population Education Reviewer. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Population-Education-Reviewer-1874730.html
"Population Education Reviewer" StudyMode.com. 08 2013. 2013. 08 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Population-Education-Reviewer-1874730.html>.
- MLA 7
"Population Education Reviewer." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 08 2013. Web. 08 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Population-Education-Reviewer-1874730.html>.
"Population Education Reviewer." StudyMode.com. 08, 2013. Accessed 08, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Population-Education-Reviewer-1874730.html.