In the mid 1920s Konstanty and Adela (Lipnicka) Cichanowicz (both born in Poland) bought the 35-acre farm consisting of the Little Hallock House east of the current Cich farm garage, the circa 1832 Isaiah Hallock barn and various outbuildings. Konstanty and Adela married in Glen Head, LI in 1912 and started their family in Glen Cove. They moved to Mattituck c. 1920 to work as a farm laborer.
Circa 1931, Konstanty hired two brothers named Zucaski who lived on Oregon Road to build the current house on the footprint of the Isaiah Hallock house (probably to utilize the hand dug well still behind the house and parts of the original foundation.)
Konstanty and Adela had 6 children. Charles (Charlie), Stanley (Stosh), Albertine (Tina), John, Helen, and Ann. Tina and Ann were born in the Little Hallock house. The others were born in Glen Cove, NY.
Soon after Stanley's marriage in 1952, he and his wife moved in and the house was converted into a 2-family dwelling. Adela lived in the three rooms on the west side of the house (Konstanty had died in 1944.) and Stanley's family lived in the east rooms. An addition was put on east of the museum kitchen for a second kitchen and bath. All used the upstairs bedrooms. Both Adela and Stanley's family moved out c. 1960 and the house was rented for a few years.
The house became a field office for Levon Corp. beginning in 1963 and for LILCO beginning in 1973 since it was newest house on KeySpan property. It was during that period that the interior was "modernized" and many original details removed. It was abandoned and vacant after 1980. Hallockville acquired the land and buildings in 1999. The house was in severe disrepair with large holes in back roof. The kitchen floor...