The Problem and its Background
People nowadays are into modernization. Computer is one of the greatest inventions of humanity, and it doesn’t end there. Right now, developers keep on adding something new to computers and make them more efficient than those before. At status quo, we live in an age known as the “modern age” or as we can see it the “techie-age”. Everything we do is connected with technology. It constantly seems to seep its way into our daily routines. Without technology, life would be more difficult than it already is. Things would be limited and more difficult to achieve. The task of technology is to create a better and easier way of living for ourselves and for the world. Computers and technology are now part of our daily lives. We’ve come upon to depend on them to function and to live. It is a fact that jobs performed manually are prone to errors and are much slower in processing than jobs performed with the aid of computers. Thus, by adopting the manual system, there is no assurance that the output produced is accurate or of quality. The Clearance Police Non-Commissioned Officer (PNCO) of Santa Maria Police Station uses the manual procedure in giving a record clearance, which unfortunately leads to many occurring errors. This is also one of the main problems of Clearance PNCO besides the time and effort allotted on encoding such files and documents with the use of Microsoft Word. With this, the researchers came up with an idea to have an organized, manageable and easier way of giving a record clearance. The researchers propose a Police Clearance System; a system that may be used to produce a police clearance. The system will help the police department have a centralized database system thereby making application speedy, data accessible, secure and reliable.
Statement of the Objectives
Generally, the main objectives of the proposed system is to develop a Police Clearance System to improve the manual system and to help the personnel-in-charge and the institution in their operation.
Specifically, the study aims to:
1. Improve the process and accuracy in giving a police clearance. 2. Lessen the time and effort on encoding information using the manual procedure (Microsoft word). 3. Reduce an allocation for data records and files; the system should store data in data base.
Significance of the Study
This study hopes to contribute to the following:
Clearance PNCO Officer
This study may help the Clearance PNCO reduce the time and effort spent on preparing a police clearance. Proponents
The proponents may apply what they have gained in this research and enhance their skills and work performance for their studies and future projects. Researchers
For future researchers, this study may serve as a reference in conducting similar studies.
Scope and Delimitations
The respondent of the proposed study is the Police Department of Santa Maria, Pangasinan. Data used are those only effective of the year 2012 up to present.
The study focuses on giving a police clearance to the applicants, which include full name of applicant, address, date and place of birth, remark, purposes and date issued.
This research study will be limited on the following:
1. The applicants who currently live in Sta. Maria, Pangasinan. 2. The applicants should have a Barangay Clearance and Cedula.
Definition of Terms
* A computer is a device that accepts information in the form of digitalized data and manipulates it for some result based on a program or sequence of instructions on how the data is to be processed. Program
* A sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute. Manual System
* A system used in which a personnel manually processes data. Police Clearance System
* The proposed system which enables easy, quick, and accurate access regarding certain data and clearances
Review of Related Literature and Studies
Please join StudyMode to read the full document