Poison Oak

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 9
  • Published : January 25, 2013
Open Document
Text Preview
Poison Oak  When I was younger, my siblings and I always played outside and loved playing in the creek down the road. One evening, my brother had this bright idea to go hiking through the woods where the creek was. Our adventure was quite interesting. My brother was the leader. We would follow every footstep he made thinking he knew what he was doing. We went through a secluded part and he pulled back a limb from a tree that had “ivy” leaves on it (that’s what we called it) and when my sister went to go through, my brother had let the limb go so that it would hit my sister in the face. She was so mad and ready to rumble! We decided it was time to head back home after everyone ended up arguing and we noticed my sister‘s face was extremely red. She went in and told our parents who then punished us for being in the woods and sent us straight to our rooms. Later you could hear my sister crying because her face was starting to blister up and itched really bad. My mother took her to the emergency room and claimed she was probably bit by a spider. She was then diagnosed with poison oak which is a rash from a poisonous plant that causes contact dermatitis. She was then sent home with an antibiotic and was told to lather in Calamine lotion.  Needless to say, we were all scared to go near plants we did not recognize anymore.
tracking img