D Bristol’s Bakery is a sole trader type of business which would established in 2014. It will be owned by me Robert Bristol the sole trader who will be directing every aspect of the business. This bakery will be producing the most delectable and healthiest bread and pastries such as cakes, sausage rolls, buns, tarts, patties, pies, puddings, muffins and cookies.
The main objective of the business will be: * To satisfy the needs and wants of potential customers in Carriacou. * To provide customers with delicious and healthy pastries while building sound relationship with customers. * Aim at being the best while making a profit for the business.
Justification of location
J Bristol’s bakery will be located at Hillsborough Carriacou on the adjacent to the Vena Bullens & Son. Three reasons for justification of location are:
1. Transport access: setting up my business on the main road, will be an advantage for both employees and customers to travel to and from the business; because of the perfect roads which would also make it accessible in the movement of raw materials.
2. Market pull: My bakery will be located on the main road which is the heart of tourist areas, also where more business activities will be occurring and potential customers will be found to buy goods.
Environment: J Bristol’s bakery will be involved in making the healthiest pastries where the condition of land should be always sanitary, and also have proper drainage so that waste materials can dispose easily not affecting any other businesses.
Selection of appropriate labour
Labour is the physical and mental contribution humans put in the creation of goods and services. Types of labour necessary:
1. Professional –Manager
2. Skilled – Main chef and Assistant chef
3. Semi skilled – Cashier, Driver and Cleaner
The six persons that would be employed and their roles/functions: * Manager:
1) Supervising the overall performance of all staff members. 2) Balancing out the accounting books which include profit and loss. 3) Making orders for goods needed for the business.
* Main chef responsibilities :
1. Baking ,preparing and decorating pastries, bread etc on a daily basis 2. Should work together with the other employees to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
* Assistant chef responsibilities:
1. Assisting the main chef in measuring and mixing ingredients. 2. To assist in baking, packaging and decorating of pastries and bread.
* Cashier responsibility:
1) Cash customer’s goods accurately and timely.
* Driver’s responsibility:
1) To transport the goods (bread and pastries) to customers and super markets.
* Cleaner responsibilities:
1) Clean up after work is carry out by the other employees. 2) Properly dispose garbage
Reasons for these types of labour:
* Managerial/professional – having more qualified and well trained staff would improve the running of the business.
* Skilled – these persons would have the necessary skills required to carry out their task given to them.
* Semi skilled – these persons does not need to have any type of formal education because their jobs are basically simple tasks but they play a very important role of the business.
Source of working and fixed capital
In order to establish the business I must have some source of capital. Fixed capital refers to land, building, machinery which is long lasting during the course of production. At J Bristol’s bakery fixed capital includes land and machinery such as flour mixers, bread slicer and other equipment like refrigerators, and ovens which will be used in the production of goods. In order to obtain the rest of fixed assets or capitals and to pay for land I would have to get a loan of $70,000 from the Republic Bank. Working capital includes stocks of raw...