1. If some parties lead to trouble and trouble should be avoided, then some parties should be avoided. (m) Trouble (p) should be avoided
(s) Some parties (m) lead to trouble
(s) Some parties (p) should be avoided
2. Physicists are the only scientists who theorize about the nature of time and Stephen Hawking certainly does that. Therefore, Stephen Hawking must be a physicist. (p) Physicists are the only scientists who (m) theorize about the nature of time (s) Stephen Hawking (m) theorizes about the nature of time
(s) Stephen Hawking (p) should be a physicist
3. Obviously J.R. is married, he’s wearing a ring.
(m) Men that wear rings (p) are married
(s) J.R. (m) is wearing a ring
(s) J.R. (p) is married
4. If people should be paid comparative salaries for comparable work, then since women are people, it’s obvious that women should earn the same salary as men. People should be paid comparative salaries for comparable work Women are people
Women should earn the same salary as men.
5. Everything must have a cause, then God must have a cause. After all God is something. Everything must have a cause
God is something
God must have a cause
6. Scientists today claim that the Peruvian Andes, a long mountain chain running the length of the Pacific plate of South America, are caused by subduction of the earth’s crust. Subduction is caused when two continents collide resulting in rock formation. El Mirador, one of the most famous peaks, is a mountain in that chain. It contains elements found in all molten rock such as basalt and lava. Scientist are convinced that El Mirador is a product of the subduction process.
7. In their never-ending quest to seek more efficient killing methods, scientists and engineers in the U.S. Army’s research and development division have produced a new biological agent. From previous studies the bio-technicians have seen that all biological agents capable of destroying the central nervous system are more cost-effective than...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document