SerNo| Subject| Page No|
1.| Chapter 1 : Emergence| 2-4|
2.| Chapter 2 : Types of Plastic Money| 4-6|
3.| Chapter 3 : Future Scenario of Plastic Card| 6-7|
4.| Chapter 4 : Plastic Money by South Indian Bank| 8-9| 5.| Chapter 5 : Advantages and Disadvantages| 9-13|
PLASTIC MONEY AND ITS USE
Plastic money or polymer money, made out of plastic, is a new and easier way of paying for goods and services. Plastic money was introduced in the 1950s and is now an essential form of ready money which reduces the risk of handling a huge amount of cash. It includes credit cards, debits cards, ATMs, smart cards, etc. This article on plastic money is divided into two portions titled Concept and Experiences. The former covers the emergence of plastic money, different types of plastic cards, their growth in India and other related issues. The later portion covers the experiences of banks like South Indian Bank (SIB), which deal with plastic money and their importance in the market.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The following objectives are identified:-
Primary Objective. To know the usage and adaption of plastic money.
Secondary Objectives. Secondary objectives are as under:-
- To know the importance of plastic money in the daily life of consumer’s with reference to credit and debit cards.
- To study the benefits of debit card & credit cards.
- To find out the market leader among the various banks/ companies issuing credit and debit cards.
- To know the problems faced by respondents using plastic money.
- To study the satisfaction level of consumers towards plastic money.
Need of the Study
It is rightly said plastic money is need of the hour. People are using these cards on a vast scale. But after considering the material available on the subject, it is seen that the whole payment process of processing these cards...