In support of our business goals, the Pizza Hut Finance function is split into two teams, Control and Planning.
The overall role of Control is to ensure that our financial statements are accurate and reflect a true and fair view of our business performance. It ensures that all transactions entered into by Pizza Hut are appropriately recorded. It also has a responsibility to ensure that our assets are protected, through appropriate controls and processes.
Within Control, we have teams that are responsible for the following:
· Preparing and reporting accurate data to Senior management, Investors and Statutory bodies
· Supporting the expansion programmes of the Franchising and Business development teams
· Analyzing variances from Plan and Forecasts to facilitate and influence decision making
· Paying over 12,500 employees on a weekly basis and ensuring the related tax and statutory responsibilities are discharged
· Paying the suppliers who keep us supplied with food, drink and the services that we need to run our restaurants
· Treasury and Tax management
· Insurance and Estates management
We also have specialized tax expertise to ensure that our liability to the government is calculated properly.
Planning's role is to ensure that our underlying business performance is analyzed & understood, that our business & units have suitably stretching performance targets and that our continual drive to improve our business returns is well on track.
Structurally, Planning is split into three teams:
· Business Planning, who manage the total business and individual unit budgeting process, as well as providing commercial analytical support to our Operators
· Strategic Planning, who drive the long range planning process, and who support strategic projects around the business
· Financial Investment, where our focus on returns is displayed through control of our investment processes...