A pimple is a kind of acne, a disease of the oil-secreting glands of the skin that often affects adolescents, producing eruptions on the face, neck, and shoulders that can leave pitted scars. Pimple can be treated by various acne medications prescribed by a dermatologist, or purchased at a drug store with a wide variety of treatments. A. Statement of the problem The research paper aims to answer the following questions 1. What is pimple? 2. What are the causes of pimples?
3. What are the effects and complications on pimples? 4. How to prevent pimples? 5. What are the possible treatments of person with pimples?
B. Statement of goals/objectives
This research paper aims to help the following:
1. students- to give them proper information for the prevention and treatment of pimples. 2. teachers- to give them references and let them share their gained knowledge about pimples.
3. readers- to educate them on how to prevent pimples and its complications. 4. people concerned- to give them enough knowledge on what is true and what is not on treating faces with pimples. C. Definition of terms
1. Sebum- an oily substance secreted by the sebaceous glands that lubricates the hair and skin and gives some protection against bacteria
2. Benzoyl Peroxide- substance used in treating skin disorders 3. Sloughing- the process where living tissue is separated from dead skin tissue Chapter II
Review of Related Literature
This chapter aims to give information about the topic.
I. Causes of Pimples
According to Wikipedia, pimples are caused by the accumulated dead skin cells and sebum that contain bacteria. The bacteria feed off the sebum and produces a substance that causes an immune response, leading to...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document