While treating the root cause of pimples may take time, there are various natural pimple treatments that can be used to soothe or get rid of the pimple very quickly.
Aloe Vera: The liquid extract or gel from Aloe-Vera plant is excellent for soothing individual pimples and acne as well as helping to prevent a breakout. The skin absorbs this gel 4x’s faster than water, plus the ingredients in the gel soothe the irritated pores. The excellent anti-bacterial properties of the gel reduces the inflammation by quickly penetrating through several layers of tissues and breaking up residue, dead cells and destroying the bacteria.
You can also create other home-made remedies to soothe inflammation of the pimple without it scarring. Some examples:
• Hold an ice cube against the pimple will reduce the redness but it may not eliminate the pimple entirely.
• A teaspoon of juice from crushed cilantro or mint leaves combined with a pinch of powdered turmeric, when applied on the pimple reduces the inflammation and redness of the pimple.
• Applying lemon juice on the pimple for about fifteen minutes is an effective remedy to treat the pimple without scarring. The citric acid in the lemon juice is a great exfoliant.
• Garlic can be applied topically by rubbing crushed garlic on the pimple. It will reduce inflammation and prevent the infection from causing a breakout.
• A paste made from crushed cinnamon and honey is also effective in treating individual pimples. Apply this paste...