2. Micrometers are instruments for precision dimensional gaging consisting of a ground spindle and anvil mounted in a C-shaped steel frame
3. Meter Stick - a measuring stick one meter long that is marked off in centimeters and usually millimeters
4. Ticker Tape Timer - is often used in what are generally called recording timers
5. Force Table - A force board (or force table) is a common physics lab apparatus that has three (or more) chains or cables attached to a center ring. The chains or cables exert forces upon the center ring in three different directions. Typically the experimenter adjusts the direction of the three forces, makes measurements of the amount of force in each direction, and determines the vector sum of three forces. Forces perpendicular to the plane of the force board are typically ignored in the analysis.
6. Set of Weight - the object to be weighed is placed on one pan, and weights are placed on the other pan until the scale is balanced. The weights add up to the weight of the contents of the other pan.
7. Spring Scale - Spring scales can be used in physics and education as basic accelerometers, but its main uses are industrial, especially related to weighing heavy loads such as trucks, storage silos, and material carried on a conveyor belt. Spring scales are used when the high accuracy afforded by other types of scales can be sacrificed for simplicity, cheapness, and robustness.
8. Triple Beam Balance - A triple beam balance is a type of balance commonly used in the laboratory to determine the mass (only the mass) of items or things. To use the balance, you use sliding weights called riders on three beams. It is not used by astronauts when in orbit because they are in free fall.
9. Dynamic Track - To show Newton's second law. A dynamic cart rests at one end of a long, level dynamic track. Load the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 08). Physics. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Physics-370512.html
"Physics" StudyMode.com. 08 2010. 08 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Physics-370512.html>.
"Physics." StudyMode.com. 08, 2010. Accessed 08, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Physics-370512.html.