Pharmaceutical Company

Topics: Novartis, Medicine, Pharmaceutical industry Pages: 2 (442 words) Published: December 6, 2012
Novartis (Bangladesh) Limited (NBL) is a public limited company by shares. It was incorporated in Bangladesh on July 17,1973 under the Companies Act 1913 as amended in 1994. The composition of shareholdings is Novartis AG, Basel, Switzerland 60% share and Government of Bangladesh, represented by Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation (BCIC), remaining 40% share. Novartis AG is a world renowned Health Care Company emerged in 1996 from the merger of the then world famous other two pharmaceutical companies, Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz AG. Operating through 360 independent affiliates in 140 countries, Novartis offers its products and services through its Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Health divisions. Novartis Pharmaceuticals is comprised of the Business Units Primary care, Oncology, Transplantation, Ophthalmic and Mature Products. This unit deals with the patented, innovative drugs of Novartis AG. This unit deals with the patented, innovative drugs of Novartis AG. In NBL this division imports medicines solely invented and developed by Novartis for human consumption and market all those here in Bangladesh. Some of these type of magical drugs are Gleevec, Sandimun Neoral, Diovan, Lescol etc. Novartis Consumer Health is comprised of the Business Units Sandoz, OTC, Animal Health, and Pharmaceuticals. Sandoz business unit manufactures and market non-patented, generic drugs and medicines for human. All these drugs are manufactured locally in our Tongi plant by maintaining international standard. Animal health business unit does both manufacturing and trading business concentrating in animal drugs. In our Tongi plant it manufactures some of its products and the rest is imported from other Novartis companies all over the world. This business unit deals only with medicines and drugs for cattle, poultry and fish. This includes patented as well as non patented, generic version of products. OTC business units deal with the Over the Counter (OTC). All its products are imported...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Financial Analysis for Pharmaceutical Industry Essay
  • A Brief on the Csr Activities of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. Essay
  • Pharmaceutical Industry and Novartis Essay
  • Ethics in pharmaceutical marketing Essay
  • Square Pharmaceutical Company (Sample2013) Essay
  • Essay on Design Company Novartis Hellas Pharmaceuticals Firms
  • Pharmaceutical Companies and Ethics Essay
  • Strategic Analysis of Pharmaceutical Company Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free