Course Project: Petrie’s Electronics
Business System Analysis
1. How do information systems projects get started in organizations? Systems projects get started in organizations for the following reasons: One it can either be to solve a problem, fill a need or to take advantage of an opportunity.
2. How are organizational information systems related to company strategy? How does strategy affect the information systems a company develops and uses? The organizational information system is related to company strategy because it exists to help organizations achieve their goals and objectives, it is also determined by it competitive strategy (structure, features and functions). Strategy affects the information system because there are information services resources that apply to a strategic business opportunity in such way the computer systems have an impact on the organizations products and business operations.
3. Research customer loyalty programs in retail firms. How common are they? What are their primary features? Loyalty programs are structured marketing efforts that reward, and therefore encourage, loyal buying behaviors, behaviors, which is potentially beneficial to the firm. The customer rewards cards, is extremely common in retail business, it rewards customers, and it can be traded in for a variety of items. The primary feature of this is that a customer receives a generic reward for enrolling in the program, second retailers contacts the customer directly and often via-email to offer a reward more tailored to the customers wants and needs.
4. What do you think Jim’s next step should be?
Jim’s next step should be to construct an Information team and delegate responsibilities to come up with ideas for the No Customer Escapes project.
5. Why would a systems analyst new to the company be a good choice to lead an important system development effort? Because when someone is new to a company they have different...