▪ What is leadership to me? (before and after)
▪ Thoughts after the first class
▪ Class reflections & reflections on readings/handouts
▪ Assignment #1: Filling the gaps
▪ Assignment #2: Lines of Developments
▪ Assignment #3: Personal integral analysis questions
▪ Overview of Takeaways
▪ Thoughts on the last day of the course
What is leadership to me?
My answer BEFORE: (Sept. 15, 2006)
▪ Leadership is an ability to make a roadmap leading to a right direction
▪ Leadership is an ability to lead a group of people to get the work done effectively.
▪ Good leaders are supportive
▪ May use power, force or fear sometimes
▪ Leadership is particially born with, partially learned from training and practice.
My answer NOW: (Nov. 30, 2006)
▪ Leadership resides in everybody, and it can be developed
▪ Leadership is influencing, a capacity to inspire others to act, speaking and listening in a way that enables individuals to act to create future life conditions
▪ Leadership development is about developing ourselves and developing the cultures and systems in which our leadership can be played out with others’.
▪ Leadership moves along several lines. Cognitive, emotional, moral, spiritual, physical, leadership development is about development in all of these lines.
September 14, 2006
Thoughts after the first class:
Coming back from my first class last night, I could not fell in sleep as normal, I heard a voice inside of me: “it so won’t be an easy course for you”. Then another voice said: “try to find the right track fast, keep up with the pace and do not fall behind, read more, think more, and learn more, you will gain something”. Of course I know behind this, there was a concern bugs me. I worry about that my language problem will affect my how much I can understand and take away from the course. It won’t like... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 02). Personal Learning Journal. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Personal-Learning-Journal-595922.html
"Personal Learning Journal" StudyMode.com. 02 2011. 02 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Personal-Learning-Journal-595922.html>.
"Personal Learning Journal." StudyMode.com. 02, 2011. Accessed 02, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Personal-Learning-Journal-595922.html.