Assignment submitted to Mr. Mohammad Mohiuddin in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the Performance Management course
QUERESHA FARIA ALI
Mr. Mohammad Mohiuddin
United International University
Here is the report you asked us to develop as a part of the course requirements of Performance Management. As you will see, our report focuses on the Performance Management System of Banglalink. This study is mainly covered evaluating performance appraisal process relating to the performance management system of the company. This study enabled us to get acquainted with the existing performance evaluation system of Banglalink and to show the desired outcomes of the system. And for that reason we are heavily indebted to the respective personnel of Banglalink.
We hope you will appreciate our sincere effort.
Queresha Faria Ali 112-092-053...................................
We would like to thank the HR department of Banglalink which has helped us to get all the ideas on the performance evaluation system.
We are also thankful to all the staffs & executives of Banglalink who gave us their feedback on the performance evaluation system.
We are also thankful to Mr. Mohammad Mohiuddin of United International University for his co-operation regarding development of this report.
Table of Content
1. Introduction and Overview of Banglalink5
2. Existing Performance Evaluation 6
3. Research Methodology 9
4. Weakness of Performance appraisal of Banglalink13
5. Major Finding 14
6. Recommendation 15
7. Whether Training is the solution?16
8. Designing of Training Program17
9. Implementation of the Training Program18
10. Monitoring and Evaluating the Training Program19
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF BANGLALINK
1. Introduction and Overview of Banglalink
Banglalink is the second largest cellular service provider in Bangladesh after Grameenphone. As of June, 2009, Banglalink has a subscriber base of more than 11 million It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Orascom Telecom
Banglalink had 1.03 million connections until December, 2005. The number of Banglalink users increased by 257 per cent and stood at 3.64 million at the end of 2006, making it the fastest growing operator in the world of that year. In August, 2006, Banglalink became the first company to provide free incoming calls from BTTB for both postpaid and prepaid connections. On August 20, 2008, Banglalink got past the landmark of 10 million subscriber base The Human resources divisions of Banglalink (BD) Ltd. exert its best efforts to achieve its objectives for smooth running of the organization. Its objectives as specified by the company are to:
1. Ensure proper selection of employee for each post.
2. Identify the potentiality of every employee and utilization of that. 3. Help the employees to grow and develop themselves so that future manpower requirement can be fulfilled. 4. Maintain cordial and peaceful labor management relationship. 5. Ensure discipline among the employees.
2. Existing Performance Evaluation
• Performance appraisal, called Performance Review at BANGLALINK Ltd., is carried out once a year.
• It is conducted in the last two months of the year- during November and December.
• The performance appraisal is carried out on the unionized employees of BANGLALINK.
• The Officers are not evaluated through performance appraisal. Instead the top management evaluates the officers. They make their decisions by judging the success of the individual officer's performance. Sometimes they use the technique of Management by Objectives (MBO).
The top management at BANGLALINK has provisions for...