Assignment Code: 2010HR03B1
Last Date of Submission: 30th September 2010
Maximum Marks: 100
Attempt all questions. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks.
1. Define Performance Management. State the process of Performance Management and discuss all the factors determining organizational performance ?
2. Explain different methods of performance appraisals.
a. Discuss bars method with an example.
b. In any company of your choice explain how appraisal systems are implemented.
3. What are various stages in PfM theatre ? Explain diagrammatically.
4. Select two multinational companies of your choice and explain major performance criteria being adopted by them.
5. Analyse the case and answer the questions given below :
These Things Are a Pain
“There, at last it’s finished,” thought Rajiv Chaudhry, as he laid aside the last of 12 performance appraisal forms. It had been a busy week for Rajiv, who supervises a road maintenance crew for the Georgia Department of Highways.
In passing through Rajiv’s district a few days earlier, the governor had complained to the area superintendent that repairs were needed on several of highways. Because of this, the superintendent assigned Rajiv’s crew an unusually heavy workload. In addition, Rajiv received a call from the human resource office that week remaining him that the performance appraisals were late. Rajive explained his predicament, but the HR specialist insisted that the forms be completed right away.
Looking over the appraisals again, Rajiv thought about several of the workers. The performance appraisal form had places for marking quantity of work, quality of work, and cooperativeness. For each characteristic, the worker could be graded outstanding, good, average, below average, or unsatisfactory. As Rajiv’s crew had completed all of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document