Performance Appraisal is the process of identifying, measuring and developing human performance in organizations and tries to:
➢ Give feedback to employees to improve subsequent performance. ➢ Identify employee training needs.
➢ Document criteria used to allocate organizational rewards. ➢ Form a basis for personnel decisions-salary (merit) increases, disciplinary actions, etc. ➢ Provide the opportunity for organizational diagnosis and development ➢ Facilitate communication between employee and administrator. RITES Ltd. has introduced the “Performance Appraisal System: as one of the vital aspects of Human Resources Development for all the employees of the Company to enable them to: ➢ Clearly understand their roles in the organization
➢ Perform effectively in the role against well define objectives
➢ Develop their skills, knowledge and capabilities both to their and the organization’s advantage and
➢ Seek and achieve a growth of their career in the organization
Objective Of The Study
• To study the existing frame work of performance appraisal.
• To test the effectiveness of the existing frame work by taking the feedback through discussions from the participating employees.
• To analyze the feedback received through discussions with the employees.
• To analyze how performance appraisal effects training & development of employees in the organization.
• Research design: Desk research.
• Research Instrument: Observation & literature
• Sampling technique: Census study of employees
• Sample size: 30 Employees.
Data collection technique:
• Secondary data: From existing frame work, manuals, Internet websites, corporate website, Journals,...