Prepared By:| Kevin Hassett| Issue Date:| 05/01/2013| Library Ref:| 003 2013| |
Job Title:| Lead Quantity Surveyor| Reports To:| Kevin Hassett| Project:| Borouge 3 Project | Location:| United Arab Emirates Ruwais| PART A – ROLE REQUIREMENTS|
Job Purpose / Scope (details specific to the job OR details critical to a successful project) | * Successful candidate will prepare and furnish up to date Costs / Estimates in the form of Concept Reports / Bill of Quantities to the Client’s Professional Quantity Surveyor, issue monthly valuations, report all variations on a regular basis throughout the contract and interface with the Client directly when and as required.
Duties and Responsibilities|
* Report directly to the Project Manager on all estimating and surveying functions which you are responsible for. * To ensure participation in handover of construction meetings for any and all projects concerned. * In conjunction with the Project Manager, prepare CCS's for the projects and update as required. * Ensure maximum profitability on projects under his / her control by pro-actively approaching your duties and exercising commercial acumen. * Prepare cash flows and update as necessary - analyse timing of sales and costs. * Ensure good working relationships with clients portraying yourself as professional and company as a respectable organisation, by ensuring that client correspondence / documentation is prepared in a professional manner - close links established with key client personnel. * Carry out monthly measure on site and prepare in term evaluation to include all values relating to labour materials management, plant and equipment and escalation. * Monitor progress on site ensure that where applicable claims for recovery of loss and expense are submitted timeously and agreed with client, liaising with Project Manager and referring to the appropriate conditions of contract. * High light to Project Manager / Commercial Manager areas in which target cost and sales are not being achieved by means of a monthly report. * Comply with company procedures in relation to commercial matters. * Assist in the development of the company by developing contacts within the industry. * Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time.
* Investigating / Observing / Searching.
* Writing / Administrating.
* Informing / Discussing / Interviewing.
* Influencing / Advising.
* Assessing / Evaluating.
* Reviewing / Evaluating.
* Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. * Take reasonable care of one’s own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. * Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
Skills Requirement| Driving Licence, Language ProficiencyComputer literacy, travel, flexibility, etc.| English Language Essential, driving license preferred, not mandatory, computer literacy essential.
Travel Mobility| Travel, mobility & flexibility, etc.| Flexible
Education & Qualifications| Qualifications/Certification/Other (specify) i.e. Trade Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree| Preferable: * Degree diploma in Mechanical Engineering | | | Minimum:Trade Certificates|
Experience| Minimum Experiencei.e. Years of experience;Industry (Oil and Gas, etc.);Overseas experience required| Number of years post qualification experience: 7Number of years relevant industry experience: 7Number of years relevant experience in the role: 7Number of years overseas experience: 5 | | Specific Relevant Trainingi.e. BOSIET, Safety Awareness Training, specific software, etc.| Any Safety Awareness training is preferred...