1. In order to implement an organizations commitment to social responsibility it is necessary to identify what social problem the organization intends to address, develop policies on what the organization plans to do to successfully fulfill its obligation and ensure stakeholder buy-in. The main obstacles an organization faces when implementing socially responsible policies is pressure from stockholders and business analysis who want steady increase in earnings. Without steady increase in profits, it becomes difficult to reinvest money in these areas. The following actions can be taken toward increased social responsibility:
1. Examine expectations and past responses
2. Set objectives and prioritize
3. Plan and implement strategies
4. Set budgets for resources needed for social action
5. Monitor progress
2. Departmentalization is the practice in which grouping or combining jobs that are related to form a specialized area that is distinct from other areas in an organization.
Work or functional departmentalization is a method of separating the activities performed within an organization into groups by the nature or function of the work they perform. For example, functional departmentalization would tend to group together staff members that perform a specialized function in an organization, like accounting.
Product departmentalization is the grouping of business activities that are necessary to produce a particular product and/or market a product or service line under the direction of one manager. An example of product departmentalization would be a large multiproduct organization like an automotive distributor.
Geographic departmentalization is when organizations are physically isolated to geographical regions. An example of geographical departmentalization is a manufacturing company that has locations in Northern and Southern locations that deal with consumers within their region.
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). Penn Foster Principles of Management Final Exam. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Penn-Foster-Principles-Of-Management-Final-1428349.html
"Penn Foster Principles of Management Final Exam" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Penn-Foster-Principles-Of-Management-Final-1428349.html>.
- MLA 7
"Penn Foster Principles of Management Final Exam." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Penn-Foster-Principles-Of-Management-Final-1428349.html>.
"Penn Foster Principles of Management Final Exam." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Penn-Foster-Principles-Of-Management-Final-1428349.html.