Pele- Informative Speech
1. Attention Getter- “My father always told me, football is a gift from god, and god gave you this gift, just how he gives a song to a musician, or a singer. So you have to take care of your health, how you prepare yourself, and you always have to respect your opponents, and if you do that you will be a great player and no one will stop you.” This is one famous quote from Pele’s book “My life, and The Beautiful Game.”
2. Brief Intro- Edison Arantes do Nascimento, more known as Pele was one of, if not the greatest footballer in the world. He was born on October 23, 1940 in Tres Coracoes, Brazil. At only 15, he began to play professional football, and made a huge impact in his team, as well as the national team. Even though Edison was his real name, Pele caught on because it means a miracle in Hebrew. He did not like it at first, but got use to it. He is regarded by many players and fans as the best footballer of all time.
3. Thesis- Today I will talk on behalf how and why Pele is known as the world’s best footballer
4. Preview Statement- First I will talk about Pele’s youth career, next I will talk on behalf of his career stats, and highs, and finally I will talk on how Pele impacted the game in many ways.
1. Main Point 1- Pele’s Youth Career
A. Pele was first spotted by another football star named Waldemar de Brito. He knew from the beginning that he had an indescribable talent, and had to be signed right away. So Pele began playing for Santos at 15 and his national team at 16, and won his first world cup at 17. a. Even though he had many offer from European clubs, he could not leave Brazil because of the law. He even was declared a national treasure in 1961 by President Janio Quadros of Brazil. b. This made him stay in Santos for almost two decades, but brought much success to the team, as well as for him. (Which I will get into later)...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document