I. Problem definition:
Trying to find a marketing and distribution strategy that would help the company reach its revenue goals.
II. SWOT Analysis:
• The company raised additional capital to fund its business operations and had more than three dozen different investors
• The firm will be launching the first commercially available biotech animal in the U.S
• Yorktown Technologies grabbed the attention of the media and the news of the upcoming Glo fish launch was on the front pages of many famous magazines
• $ 4 million out of $ 700 million was spent on Yorktown Technologies products by consumers.
• Yorktown technologies’ suppliers and distributors have been regular suppliers of tropical fish to the 3 major retail chains
• The company was given exclusive rights to lines of red, green, yellow and orange fluorescent zebra fish which provided the company with an effective barrier to entry against potential competitors
• Generated more than $ 120,000 loss in 2004
• There is no enough money to support a national advertising campaign
• Not being able to sell the Glofish in California which is an important market with high population
• High demand on limited supply
• Some countries are still not convinced with the safety of the GloFish
• California is a very important market that has a population of 33 million who are willing to buy innovative products
• International markets where the fish can be sold mainly Asia
• Zebra fish are known to be very popular ornamental fish with more than 200 million sold in the U.S alone
• Two dozen regional wholesalers located throughout the country distribute freshwater ornamental fish to an estimated 5000 retail establishments for sale to consumers
• Total sales of pet stores are increasing at an annual rate of 7%
• Consumer market for freshwater ornamental... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 05). Peak Garage Door Swot Analysis. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Peak-Garage-Door-Swot-Analysis-328967.html
"Peak Garage Door Swot Analysis" StudyMode.com. 05 2010. 05 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Peak-Garage-Door-Swot-Analysis-328967.html>.
"Peak Garage Door Swot Analysis." StudyMode.com. 05, 2010. Accessed 05, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Peak-Garage-Door-Swot-Analysis-328967.html.