Pc Industry and Porter 5 Forces Analysis

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 284
  • Published : November 27, 2010
Open Document
Text Preview
Oyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Threats of potential entrants
The threats of new entrants in the computer hardware industry, which is dominated by PC's, are currently low in the U.S. domestic markets but are capable of achieving market share in foreign markets.   In the fourth quarter of the PC market in 2006, the U.S. domestic industry recorded 3% unit growth.   Although the industry is providing positive numbers, it is controlled by 5 key manufacturers that construct a barrier to entry for smaller computer manufacturers.   Each firm has strong brand names and has the right mixes of resources and capabilities.   Small firms lack the resources and capability of acquiring enough capital to compete with the larger firms.     In the industry's "rest of the world category" which includes Eastern Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific region, and the Middle East, PC market share expanded by 22.2%.   The top five firms own 50.9% of market share while the other 49.1% are held by smaller firms throughout the Threats of potential entrants

The threats of new entrants in the computer hardware industry, which is dominated by PC's, are currently low in the U.S. domestic markets but are capable of achieving market share in foreign markets.   In the fourth quarter of the PC market in 2006, the U.S. domestic industry recorded 3% unit growth.   Although the industry is providing positive numbers, it is controlled by 5 key manufacturers that construct a barrier to entry for smaller computer manufacturers.   Each firm has strong brand names and has the right mixes of resources and capabilities.   Small firms lack the resources and capability of acquiring enough capital to compete with the larger firms.     In the industry's "rest of the world category" which includes Eastern Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific region, and the Middle East, PC market share expanded by 22.2%.   The top five firms own 50.9% of market share while the other 49.1% are held by smaller firms throughout the...
tracking img