1 .Carriage Return- lever or key used for returning the carrisge to the right to start a new line.
2. Left Carriage Release- lever at the end that frees carriage so it can be moved by hand
3. Platen or Cylinder knob- handle at iether end of cylinder
4. line Space Lever or Regulator- controls space between lines
5. Platen or Cylinder- rubber roller around which the paper moves
6. Paper guide- blade against which paper is placed
7. Card Holder- presses cards and envelopes close to the cylinder.
8. Left Margin Stop- Key,lever or button used to adjust the setting of margins.
9. Printing-point Indicator- indicates scale point where machine is ready to print
10. Paper Bail- clamps the paper to cylinder
11. Right Margin Stop- lever to adjust setting of margins
12. Paper Release- loosens paper for straightening or removing
13. Right Carriage Release- lever at right to free carriage so it can be moved by hand
14. Right Platen knob- handle at end of the cylinder
15. Carriage- top moving part that carries paper
16. Backspace Key- moves carriage backone space at a time
17. Tab Set Key- places at tab stop at desired point
18. Tab Bar or Tabulator- releases carriage so it moves to a point where a tab stop has been set
19. Space bar- advances carriage one space at a time
20. Tab Clear Key- removes tab stops at a time
21. margin release- unlocks the margin stop
22. Ribbon Color Control- let disengage ribbon or any part of it like red or black if your ribbon is of two colors. [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 03). Parts of Typewriter and Their Functions. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Parts-Of-Typewriter-And-Their-Functions-930571.html
"Parts of Typewriter and Their Functions" StudyMode.com. 03 2012. 2012. 03 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Parts-Of-Typewriter-And-Their-Functions-930571.html>.
- MLA 7
"Parts of Typewriter and Their Functions." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2012. Web. 03 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Parts-Of-Typewriter-And-Their-Functions-930571.html>.
"Parts of Typewriter and Their Functions." StudyMode.com. 03, 2012. Accessed 03, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Parts-Of-Typewriter-And-Their-Functions-930571.html.