The purpose of this experiment was to see which brand of paper towel most absorbent for consumers. I became interested in this idea when I got looking on the Internet for project ideas. The information gained from this experiment can help consumers know which paper towel will absorb the most of their everyday spills.
1.My hypothesis is that Bounty Paper Towel brand will absorb the most liquid compared to four other brands of paper towel. 2.I base my hypothesis on the research that I did on the Internet that said that Bounty paper towel is 20% more absorbent than other leading paper towels.
The constants in this study were:
1. The size of each brand of paper towel
2. The amount of water that will be in the beaker in each test. The manipulated variable was the different brands of paper towels. The responding variable was the amount of water that will be in each beaker. To measure the responding variable I will measure how much water I squeeze out of the paper towels into the graduated cylinder, I will measure in milliliters.
1. First gather all of the materials that you need.
2. Then pour 200 milliliters of water in the beaker that you have. 3. Place a round funnel on top of the graduated cylinder.
4. Then take the first brand of paper towel on your list and place it in the beaker. 5. Time for 15 seconds.
6. After 15 seconds, take the paper towel out of the beaker. 7. Squeeze all the water out of the paper towel into the graduated cylinder. 8. Record how much water is in the graduated cylinder.
9. Take the amount of water that was poured into the graduated cylinder and subtract that from 200 milliliters. 10. Next, try the test with 4 other brands of paper towels. 11. Each paper towel needs to be tested 4 times, but you need to record your data for each paper towel on your data table. 12. Make sure that the water doesn’t spill in any of the tests or you will have to restart...