2. What role do technologies such as he telephone, IM, and chat play in delivering support? Customers have the ability to interact with a human being. This gives the customers an option to use when they not to wait for an email response that could take longer.
3. What role does e-mail play in delivering support?
Email provides the sending and receiving of email about any information. Customers will use email, when they are in desperate need of information at the current time.
4. What role does the Web play in delivering support?
Web services give customers the ability to interact with service desk analysts. Customers also have the ability to use web services to modify account information.
5. How are information and data different?
Data is raw fats not structured in a meaningful way. Information is data that is organized in a meaningful way.
6. How do good writing and keyboarding skills benefit people working in a service desk? Quickly capture accurate and consistent data, wider range of responsibilities, greater opportunities, communicate with customers and management.
7. Describe five ways that companies such as hardware manufacturers and software publishers are enabling customers to help themselves. Order products
Obtain product information
Discover solutions to incidents
8. Explain how intranets and extranets are different than the Internet. Extranets are websites that can be accessed over the internet publicly, but a password is needed to login
9. What are the keys to a successful service desk Web site? Functionality and ease of use.
10. List four ways that companies can use e-mail to communicate with customers. Inform customers about status
Provide online forms
Conduct satisfaction surveys
Communicate that customers contact has been logged
11. True or False. You can send an instant message even if a recipient is not online. False
12. Why do most service desks currently limit IM interactions with customers? Explain your answer. IM interactions are limited due to the time that could be used during a conversation. If a conversation goes to long it would need to be transferred to a phone call.
13. List three reasons why analysts must learn to use and create knowledge bases. Information is readily available online when it is needed. Waiting for a fellow coworker to become available for assistance, is not needed. Training is not needed to access higher coworker information.
14. What factors influence the amount of documentation that service desk analysts write? The size of the service desk, and the technology used to write it.
15. Should you include all of the steps you have taken to diagnose an incident when creating a ticket? Explain your answer. Yes analysts should include all steps when creating a ticket. This helps other analysts know the steps that were previous taken.
16. How is data field different than a text field?
Text fields accept any forms of information. Text fields cannot enforce a standard to the information being entered. Data fields have a standard for the information that is being entered, if this information doesn't follow the standard it will not accept it.
17. Name four users of the data entered in a ticket.
Customers, Analysts , Other service providers, and Management
18. What is the key to a well-written FAQ?
The key to writing a good FAQ is to state the question and answer clearly using a language that is accepted to your interned audience.
19. What is a reusable resolution?
A resolution that doesn’t contain specific details. This can be used to solve many incidents
20. List three benefits of having a standard format for resolutions. 1. Makes...