Running Head: BUSN300 1101B 12
BUSN300 1101B 12
American Intercontinental University
Unit 3 IP: Project Identification
April 9, 2011
Table of Contents
Pick any 3 firms to research. Based on Internet research on these companies, write a 500-750-word research paper proposing at least 3 marketing opportunities that you would strongly suggest that each firm pursue. In your arguments, include the following:
• Describe your reasoning for identifying them as worthy of pursuing.
• Categorize each marketing opportunity as low - hanging fruit, home runs or singles, and discuss why (see definitions in course materials).
• Discuss the risk in pursuing each opportunity.
• Without actually trying to determine each project’s ROE; which would you most strongly recommend implementing, and why?
• Explain how the marketing opportunity would reflect upon the firm. Would it have a positive or negative public relations effect on the firm? Would it result in great financial improvements, or only a minor improvement?
When applying for a marketing manager position with multiple firms at the same time, you have to prepare for the interview by doing research on the companies prior to the interviews in order that you have an idea and be able to bring something to the table. The employers always have a set of questions in order to test the knowledge or the time you put into learning the company’s history, mission statement, their financial status, their long term and short term goals. This will help you be able to come to the table with something to offer. This gives you a better chance at being chosen for the position.
Amazon is a fortune 500 company, based in Seattle, Washington. In 1995 Jeff Bezo started Amazon (Amazon, 2011). They have international sites, expanded product offerings, and customer service centers (Amazon, 2011). Amazon offer products from,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document