1. One reason why many Americans wanted to return to a policy of isolationism after World War 1 is that they didn’t want to involve in any more foreign wars. Document 2
2. President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s viewpoint about United States involvement in war was that war is like a contagious virus whether it be declared or undeclared. Document 3
3. One reason why Senator Taft was opposed to the United States entering the war in Europe is that the war destroyed more democracies and set up more dictatorship. Document 4
4. The war is threatening the United States policy of isolationism. Document 5
5. a. In 1940, most American public believed it was more important to keep out of war than to aid Britain. But in 1941, most American public were prepared to aid Britain at the risk of war. b. One event that caused public opinion to change during this time period was that the German victory. Document 6
6. One reason why Senator Wheeler was opposed to the Lend-Lease bill is that Senator Wheeler thought it was like a dictatorship Document 7
7. One reason why Charles Lindbergh believed that the United States should out of the war is that if forced into a war against the wishes of an overwhelming majority of people, it will prove democracy such a failure. Document 8
8. One reason why Americans should oppose the United States policy of isolationism is that United State shall be danger the moment British power fail; the moment the eastern gates of the Atlantic are open to the aggressor; the moment that be compelled to divide one-ocean Navy between two oceans simultaneously.