By Heidi Bendick
Heidi Bendick 04/15/2010
1. Background and Objectives:
The Albany Marriott is a business hotel located in the heart of Albany, NY. Albany was discovered by Henry Hudson in 1609. Albany is New York State's capital along the Hudson River. It is a city in which is filled with contemporary government buildings, colonial mansions as well as 19th-century townhouses. This hotel has 359 guest rooms with luxurious bedding, spacious bathrooms, and a separate sitting area. The Albany Marriott was bought by Columbia Sussex Corporation a few years ago. Even though the hotel is owned by Columbia Sussex, the hotel keeps the name Marriott. Not only is the name the same but the hotel follows all of the Marriott standards and benefits. The objective in which this hospitality business is going to take is to maintain current levels of business and to identify additional opportunities for promotion.
2. External Analysis:
A. The Market:
1. Potential market segments are a wide range of people. Including business people throughout the State and even Country, and also people State wide for personal or company events.
2. Albany, NY is doing exceptionally well on sales, the economy has not affected rooms sales as much as numerous other hospitality businesses in other areas has been effected.
1. Political trends remarkably affect the Albany Marriott because the local of the hotel are within miles of the Capitol building and Capitol affairs. Many politicians stay at the Albany Marriott and some attend conventions in which the Albany Marriott holds.
2. Social trends affect the Albany Marriott as well. Many auctions are held at the Albany Marriott as well as fundraisers, holiday parties, ceremonies, weddings and much more. These social events bring many people throughout the state to the Albany Marriott.
3. Technological meeting equipment is all inclusive for... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 04). Paper. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Paper-1566219.html
"Paper" StudyMode.com. 04 2013. 2013. 04 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Paper-1566219.html>.
- MLA 7
"Paper." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2013. Web. 04 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Paper-1566219.html>.
"Paper." StudyMode.com. 04, 2013. Accessed 04, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Paper-1566219.html.