The Palazzo Publico is a milestone of Italo-Byzantine architecture which also holds one of a kind frescoes of their time were no photograph can show the exceptional beauty of them when compared to reality. The Palazzo Publico is a public palace or city hall located in Siena, Italy that started its construction in 1288 and was completed in the year 1309. The Palazzo Publico is located at the center of the community manifesting it as the focal point of the city. The interior of the Palazzo Publico contains three magnificent frescoes painted by Ambrogio Lorenzetti exemplifying the political, social and cultural concerns of Siena. The structure of the Palazzo Publico shows it’s as an imposing building that is able to withstand any threats or upheavals against other kings.
The Palazzo Publico is located at the center of the community manifesting it as the focal point of the city. The fact that Palazzo Publico was stationed in the center of the community it epitomizes Siena as a proud commercial and political rival of Florence.. The civic meeting hall which is located in the main square serves as an great object of civic pride as the city’s cathedral. The Palazzo Publico’s slightly concave façade which is visible from many miles away also proves that the Publico Palazzo is the focal point of the city.
The interior of the Palazzo Publico contains three magnificent frescoes painted by Ambrogio Lorenzetti exemplifying the political, social, and cultural concern of Siena during that time. Ambrogio Lorenzetti used illusionistic representation to show Sienese civic concerns. The fresco “Peaceful City” served as an allegory of good government in the Sienese Republic. The fresco is a panoramic view of Siena with its clustering palaces, markets, towers, churches, streets, and walls reminiscent of the townscapes of Roman murals. The city’s traffic flows peacefully with guild members plying their trades and crafts and woman hand in hand gracefully...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document