It is broken down into three subtypes: an inattentive type, with signs that include:
* inability to pay attention to details or a tendency to make careless errors in schoolwork or other activities
* difficulty with sustained attention in tasks or play activities
* apparent listening problems
* difficulty following instructions
* problems with organization
* avoidance or dislike of tasks that require mental effort
* tendency to lose things like toys, notebooks, or homework
* forgetfulness in daily activities
2. a hyperactive-impulsive type, with signs that include:
* fidgeting or squirming
* difficulty remaining seated
* excessive running or climbing
* difficulty playing quietly
* always seeming to be "on the go"
* excessive talking
* blurting out answers before hearing the full question
* difficulty waiting for a turn or in line
* problems with interrupting or intruding
3. a combined type, which involves a combination of the other two types and is the most common
A. Symptoms: impulsive, hyperactive, short attention span, trouble focusing, symptoms are present over a long period of time and occur in different settings, problems finishing tasks, disorganized, trouble following directions, easily distracted, appear forgetful or careless and frequently misplace things.
1. Explain similarities/differences of ADD and ADHD: Similarities: attention span is short, trouble controlling their behavior without medication and behavioral therapy, appear bored. Differences: ADD- attention deficit without hyperactivity and impulsiveness. ADHD- includes hyperactivity and impulsiveness.
a. ex of... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 11). Outline for Adhd. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Outline-For-Adhd-853195.html
"Outline for Adhd" StudyMode.com. 11 2011. 2011. 11 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Outline-For-Adhd-853195.html>.
- MLA 7
"Outline for Adhd." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2011. Web. 11 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Outline-For-Adhd-853195.html>.
"Outline for Adhd." StudyMode.com. 11, 2011. Accessed 11, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Outline-For-Adhd-853195.html.