The Employees will be representing the company to the public the manner in which they conduct themselves is highly important. Critical aspects of their job include
1. Knowledge of computerized cash register system
2. Interaction with the customers.
3. Knowledge of the particular products being sold.
A. Design a three-day orientation/training program for new salesclerks. Be sure to outline the specific topics (subjects to be covered and the techniques to be used.)
B Specify what methods could be used to evaluate the success of the program.
On day 1 of the orientation and training of new salesclerks I would use the format as follows: Orientation
1. A welcome.
2. Objectives and philosophy of the organization.
3. An explanation of the organization’s operations and levels of authority and of how these relate to each other. a. Introduce management, the store manager, department supervisors. and assistants.
4. A brief history of the organization.
a. This would be a good time to introduce the company and the history of the company. b. Introduce the name(s) of the people who had a dream and started the company. 5. What is expected of the new employee: attitude, reliability, initiative, emotional maturity, and personal appearance? a. Attitude, reliability, initiative, and emotional maturity: Employed as a sales clerk you are serving the consumer. Be sure that a customer can rely on you, regardless if you have the answer right then. If you can’t address the customer’s question, take the initiative and let the customer know that you don’t have that answer, but you would be more than happy to get an answer for them. Contact your supervisor about the issue that the customer has. It is more than likely a customer will become upset and may even yell at you for something that is out of your control. Therefore being mature emotional will be a great quality...