1. What is the importance of interpersonal skills?
☞ Just with a manager’s technical skills alone, they can’t be succeed in company nowadays. Having managers with good interpersonal skills is likely to make the workplace more pleasant and efficient with a good reputation. Also, it can be generate superior financial performance from employers.
2. What do managers do in terms of functions, roles, and skills? ☞ All managers perform four management function :
planning, organizing, leading, and controlling
☞ Managers perform ten different, highly interrelated roles, or sets of behaviors. - interpersonal roles(3) : figurehead, leadership, liaison role - informational roles(3) : monitor, disseminator, spokesperson - decisional(4) : entrepreneur, disturbance handler, resource allocator, negotiator ☞ Managers perform three management skills :
technical skills, human skills, conceptual skills
3. What is organizational behavior(OB)?
☞ OB is a field of study that investigates human’s behavior in terms of three levels : individual, group, and organization
4. Why is it important to complement intuition with systematic study? ☞ Relying on intuition is made worse because we tend to overestimate the accuracy of what we think we know. So, OB uses systematic study to improve predictions over intuition alone
5. What are the major behavioral science disciplines that contribute to OB? ☞ psychology, social psychology, sociology, anthropology
6. Why are there few absolutes in OB?
☞ we are not alike, our ability to make simple, accurate, and sweeping generalizations is limited. OB concepts must reflect situational, or contingency, conditions.
7. What are the challenges and opportunities for managers in using OB concepts? ☞ responding to economic pressures and globalization,
managing workforce diversity, improving customer service and people skills, stimulating innovation and change, coping with temporariness, working in networked organizations, helping...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document