Cisco was founded in 1984 by a small group of computer scientists from Stanford University. Since the company's inception, Cisco engineers have been leaders in the development of Internet Protocol (IP)-based networking technologies. This tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products in the core areas of routing and switching, as well as advanced technologies in areas such as Home Networking, IP Telephony, Optical, Network Security, Storage Networking and Wireless LAN.
Cisco Global Facts
• Incorporated on December 10, 1984 in California
• Went public on February 16, 1990. NASDAQ NM: CSCO (Common Stock)
• Close to 65,874 employees worldwide
• John T. Chambers is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Cisco Systems Inc.
• FY'09 Revenue: $36.1 billion
Current employee in CISCO
• Cisco is a multigenerational, multicultural community that extends around the world. As of July 2009, Cisco has more than 65,500 employees in 92 countries and over 372 locations.
• 27% are sales, 30% are Engineers and 43% are Business Support Function from the total numbers of employees.
• Voluntary Employee Attrition as a Percentage of Total Employees is 3.22% in 2009.
• Approximately one third of our employees work... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 07). Organization Enviroment. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 07, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Organization-Enviroment-366766.html
"Organization Enviroment" StudyMode.com. 07 2010. 07 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Organization-Enviroment-366766.html>.
"Organization Enviroment." StudyMode.com. 07, 2010. Accessed 07, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Organization-Enviroment-366766.html.