The project on Organisational Study of “Meira Foods”, a successful entrepreneurial venture in Manipur has been taken up as a part of the fulfilment of the MBA Programme (2010-2012) of the Christ University Institute of Management, Bangaluru.
I am highly obliged to Mrs. Hanjabam Shubhra Devi, who is the Managing Director of Meira Foods, Manipur for providing all sorts of guidance and necessary help in the said project.
I am also grateful to all the employees and workers of Meira Foods for helping in the preparation of this project.
Lastly i am grateful to Prof. C.S.Dikshit, my mentor at Christ University Institute of Management, Bangaluru for his valuable guidance and suggestions.
Place: Lukram Sanjeet Singh Date: Christ University Institute of Management Bangaluru
This is to certify that Shri. Lukram Sanjeet Singh, a student of
Christ University Institute of Management, Bangaluru has successfully completed
his ten days internship on the Organisation Study of “Meira Foods.”
Place: Imphal (Mrs. Hanjabam Shubhra Devi) Date: 24th May, 2010 Managing Director, Meira Foods
PROJECT REPORT ON
LUKRAM SANJEET SINGH
REF. NO. 1020718
CHRIST UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
2.1 WHAT IS AN ORGANISATION
2.2 ORGANISATION STRUCTURE
2.3 WHY STUDY ORGANISATIONS
2. HISTORY OF THE ORGANISATION
3. PROFILE OF THE PRODUCTS
4. MISSION AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ORGANISATION
5. ORGANISATION DESIGN AND STRUCTURE
6. FUNCTION OF VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS AND THEIR MANAGERS
7. POLICIES FOLLOWED IN THE ORGANISATION
8. SWOT ANALYSIS OF THE ORGANISATION
9. KEY RESULT AREAS OF THE ORGANISATION
10. KEY RESULT ACTIVITIES OF THE ORGANISATION
11. ORGANISATION DESIGN FACTORS AND APPROACH
12. SIGNIFICANT FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
13. SYSTEM OF ACCOUNTING FOLLOWED
14. PRODUCT PROMOTIONAL MEASURES
15. CAREER PLANNING AND PROMOTION POLICY OF EMPLOYEES
16. TRAINING MEASURES
17. SYSTEM FOLLOWED FOR PURCHASE OF MATERIALS
18. HRD MEASURES
19. MANPOWER PLANNING
20. PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL SYSTEM
21. KEY FINDINGS OF FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
22. BALANCE SHEETS FOR THE YEARS 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10 23. FUTURE PLANS FOR GROWTH OF THE ORGANISATION
24. ADVANTAGES AND DRAWBACKS OF THE ORGANISATION STRUCTURE 25. RECOMMENDATIONS TO OVERCOME THE DRAWBACKS
2.1. What is an Organisation?
An organisation is a consciously co-ordinated social entity, with a relative identifiable boundary, that functions on a relatively continuous basis to achieve a common goal or set of goals. Organisations are a dominant component of contemporary society and they surround us. They are not benign objects. Thus the careful...