STRATEGIES FOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION
ANALYZING AND MANAGING FOREIGN
MODES OF ENTRY
FOOD INDUSTRY (BISCUIT)
Margaretha Pink Berlianto (19090054)
Diana Permana (19090062)
PROGRAM STUDI MASTER OF MANAGEMENT
UNIVERSITAS PELITA HARAPAN
DAFTAR FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT DALAM BIDANG FOOD INDUSTRY (BISCUIT) DI INDONESIA
1. PT Kraft Foods Indonesia.
2. PT Arnott’s Indonesia.
3. PT Ceres Meiji Indotama.
DAFTAR IMPORTIR DAN DISTRIBUTOR DALAM BIDANG FOOD INDUSTRY (BISCUIT) DI INDONESIA : 1. PT Pandurasa Kharisma (Wernli, Famous Amous)
2. PT Nirwana Lestari (Toblerone, Guylian, Ritter Sport, Toffifee, Merci, Werthers Original, Pez, Fisherman Friends, Riesen, Droste, Walkers, Tao Kae Noi, Meiji, Loacker, Kambly, Hellema, Kjeldsens) 3. PT Focus Network Agencies Indonesia (Swiss Delice, GB Nougat) 4. PT Kartikawira Adisukses (Vincenzie, Grisbi)
5. CV Libra Food Service (Pepperidge Farm, Fujiya, Merba) 6. CVR (Bourbon, Tohato)
7. CV Ego Sun Star Sukses Mandiri (Ego)
8. PT Sukanda Djaya (Fantastic, Ginbis)
9. PT Prambanan Kencana (Jules Destrooper)
10. PT Interfood Sukses Jasindo (Julie’s)
11. Induk Koperasi TNI Angkatan Darat (Bissin)
12. PT Indoguna Utama (Dippables)
13. PT Wahana Putra Akipindo (Ten Ten)
14. CV Pulau Mas Indonesia (IKO)
15. CV Tanjung Mas Indonesia (Kerk / Hup Seng)
16. PT Armasco Prima (Arluy, Voortman)
17. PT Safarindo Internusa (Ulker)
18. PT FNA Indonesia (Gavottes)
19. PT Anugrah Indo Mandiri (Fortune (Hosen group))
20. PT Aji Ichiban Indonesia (Orion, Hot Kid / Want Want)
21. PT Ichiya Indonesia (Kinh Do)
22. PT Furijaya Mitra Lestari (Fudo, Oriental)
23. PT Sinbad (Luxury / Munchy’s)
24. PT Koin Bumi / Mu Gung Hwa (Nong Shim)
The operation of foreign producers of world major brands such as Oreo, Tim Tam, Ritz, etc. marked the start of foreign investment in biscuit industry in the country.
Meanwhile, mergers between world class producers like Arnott's Biscuit Co. Ltd and local producer PT Helios Arnott’s Indonesia (Kalbe Group), and between Nabisco International and PT Roda Mas, have sharpened competition between local producers such as Khong Guan group, Mayora, Orang Tua Group and the world class producers.
There is also acquired France's Danone by Kraft Foods, a food producing company from the United States.
Tight competition has prompted acquisition such as the planned acquisition of global biscuit producer Danone by Kraft Foods Inc. early July 2007. Acquisition is a short cut toward expansion of market shares.
Building new factories or establishing new companies will take a long process amid growing competition. Acquisition, therefore, is chosen despite larger investment it will need.
Indonesia is a potential market for food products including biscuits. Multinational companies have sought to expand market by investing in the country building production facility. Some choose to exports their products such as Chinese producers with cheap prices.
Structure of biscuit industry in Indonesia
Characteristics of biscuit products
Demand for biscuits has continued to scale up in the country to follow the growing population and improvement in the purchasing power of the people.
In addition, Indonesians love snacks. The habit contributes to expansion of the industry in the country. Biscuit industry has grown steadily despite frequent increase in the prices of basic materials.
In general, biscuit could be put in three categories:
* Biscuit as part of main food, that is biscuit which is needed to support physical growth and health such as biscuits for babies, biscuits for health food and biscuits as substitute for main foods in certain condition such for field researchers.
*Biscuit for gifts. Indonesians have the tradition of giving gifts. Biscuit in tin such as Khong Guan, Nissin and Monde are popular...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document