1. Were you drafted?
2. What was your reaction when you knew you were drafted?
3. What was your family's reaction?
4. Did any of your friends from high school get drafted?
5. Where did you go after you were drafted?
6. What kind of training did you have at Fort McClellan?
7. Where did you go after Fort McClellan?
8. Did you stay in touch with your family during this time?
9. Did you get together with your friends when you were allowed to come home?
10. Where did you go after that?
11. How did you travel from place to place?
12. After that where did you go?
13. Was June 6, 1944 the day you went to Normandy beach?
14. Was the movie Saving Private Ryan an accurate depiction of the beach?
15. How long were you on the beach?
16. Were you on guard while you were advancing?
17. What type of uniform did you wear?
18. Were they uncomfortable?
19. What type of equipment did you carry?
20. What gun did you carry?
21. After you were relieved where did you go?
22. Do you remember the shell hitting the foxhole?
23. Where were you wounded?
24. What was your rank?
25. Did you move up in rank?
26. Once you went back to your division where did you go?
27. After the Russians captured Berlin where did you go?
28. What type of ship did you ride over on?
29. What type did you ride back on?
30. How long did it take on either ship?
31. What camp were you discharged at?
32. Where was this camp?
33. Where were you working before you left for the war?
34. How old were you when you went into the war?
35. And when you were out of the war how old?
36. Where did you work after the war?
37. Was their anything that your brothers or sisters said when you saw them that stands out?
38. How long were you in Camp Grant?
39. Were most of your friends back?
40. Did you try to get reacquainted?
41. Did you look on life differently after the war?
42. Why didn't you go back to... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2001, 12). Oral Report D-Day. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2001, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Oral-Report-d-Day-22457.html
"Oral Report D-Day" StudyMode.com. 12 2001. 12 2001 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Oral-Report-d-Day-22457.html>.
"Oral Report D-Day." StudyMode.com. 12, 2001. Accessed 12, 2001. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Oral-Report-d-Day-22457.html.