Gather and Read me!
Moneerah A. Bint-Usman
Have you ever wondered about how the statisticians managed to graph large amount of data? How will you read their graphs? Is it just like bar graph? Line graph? Or just another pie chart?
In this activity, you will learn to read and graph histograms, frequency polygons and ogive.
Have a pair. Prepare your notebook for some notes to be taken. You will answer some series of questions that I prepared for you. And also, I attached some Web resources for you to immediately finish your work. After you have answered all the questions, proceed to the Big Question where you will find your next project to be pass next 3 meetings.
1. What are class limits, boundaries and intervals?
2. How to calculate class intervals?
3. What are frequency and frequency table?
4. What are histograms? How is it different from bar graph?
5. How do we understand and construct a histogram?
6. What is a frequency polygon?
7. What is cumulative frequency?
8. What are quartiles and percentiles?
9. How do we graph and read ogive?
CLASS LIMITS, BOUNDARIES AND INTERVALS
CLASS INTERVALS http://www.icoachmath.com/math_dictionary/class_interval.html
CUMULATIVE FREQUENCY, QUARTILES AND PERCENTILES
http://www.wyzant.com/resources/lessons/math/statistics_and_probability/averages/cumulative_frequency_percentiles_and_quartiles FREQUENCY AND FREQUENCY TABLE http://www.mathsteacher.com.au/year8/ch17_stat/03_freq/freq.htm
FREQUENCY POLYGON http://www.icoachmath.com/math_dictionary/Frequency_Polygon.html
HISTOGRAMS: CONSTRUCTION, ANALYSIS and UNDERSTANDING http://quarknet.fnal.gov/toolkits/new/histograms.html
HOW TO DRAW...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document