In Partial Fulfillment
Of the Requirements for the Degree
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
KANE LORAINE C. FELIPE
EDRALYN N. MENDOZA
MARJORIE G. REGIDOR
SHARMAINE H. OJASCASTRO
Submitted to: Sizzaira Valdez
The purpose of the system is to develop Online Examination System., used to test the Domain knowledge of the students, and employees with respect to the particular technology. The manual procedure used for conducting exam is time consuming process and error prone due to human limitations. The System purpose is to completely automate the old manual procedure of conducting exam to Online Web Based Examination System.
On-Line Examination is web based application for technical evaluation. This application covers evaluation of candidates on different technologies like C, C++, and Java/J2EE and mainly financial exams like FFP (Finance Foundation Program), BFP (Business Foundation Program) and IB (Investment Banking) related to Banking Domain.
Online examinations, sometimes referred as e-examinations, are the examinations conducted through the internet or in an intranet (if within the Organization) for a remote candidate(s). Most of the examinations issue results as the candidate finish the examination, when there is an answer processing module also included within the system.These examinations are conducted as open-book typeexaminations. Candidate is given a limited time to answer the questions and after the time expiry the answer paper is disabled automatically and answers is Sent to the examiner. The examiner will evaluate answers, either through automated process or manually and the results will be sent to the candidate through email or made available in the web site.Today many organizations are conducting online examinationsworldwide successfully and issue results online. There are advantages and disadvantages in online examinations. Themain advantage is that it can be conducted for remote candidates andevaluation of answers can be fully automated for MCQ questions and other essay type questions can be evaluated manually or through automated system, depending on the nature of the question s and the requirements. Also online examinations can be conducted at any time and does not incur higher cost as traditional exam scenario as there is no paper work involved(eg: printing exampapers, prepare paper admissions etc) , there is no invigilators, also noneed of arrangement of exam centers. When comparing with traditionalexam scenario the cost for an online examination will be almost zero after theonline exam system is establishment and if maintenance cost is notconsidered.The disadvantage of the e-examination is the inability of invigilating.
Online Examination System Requirements
Delivery system/System requirements
* The server requirements is an NT server or above.
* The system runs on the Web (browser).
* Client requires any browser on any operating system.
Creating data banks and tests with the Online Examination System
* Online examination questions can be categorized according to topic, types, etc.(libraries)
* The online examination system makes provision for difficulty levels of items.
* A test can be compiled with questions from different topics/libraries.
* A ³serial number´ is provided for each question according to topic, etc.
* The ³serial number´ can be used to search for and select questions.
* Questions can be converted to the databank from existing databanks.
* Questions can be converted from word processing files.
* Tests can be created on a random basis per student.
* Specific questions can be flagged to be included/excluded in a test.
* The online examination system is suitable for surveys.
* The online examination system can automatically add the marks allocated in eachquestion to determine...