Features of the Customized Online Examination System in PHP and MySQL developed for a Maritime Academy: * Software Developed in PHP/MySQL.
* Works on Apache webserver.
* The Online examination is multi-platform compatible. It will work on any computer and operating system which has Apache, PHP and MySQL installed * Can be customised to include pictures, graphics and flash (swf) files in the questions of the Online examination. * Question Paper consists of Random Selection Of Questions. * Proper Weightage to Various Topics.
* Questions asked and answers given stored in the database * Different Types of Multiple Choice Questions can be asked. * Answers processed and marks awarded Instantly.
* View Results immediately upon Submission.
* Generation of General Mark Lists Summary (Total marks Obtained) as well as Detailed (Topic Wise marks Obtained) * Individual Answer Sheets Generation.
* The computerized examination system has a facility to Add students details, View Student List as well as Edit student details. * Password based access (Authentication Via Sessions, password is stored as a MD5 hash in the database) for Individual Answer Sheet, General Mark Lists and Trends Graphs. * Trends Graph showing the number of students which have passed individual subjects . * Trends Graph showing the number of students which have passed topic wise of each subject. * Trends Graph showing the number of students which have passed topic wise in each subject at the midterm as well as final exams. * The Exam Software is well suited to conduct competitive exams like recruitment exams and Common Extrance Tests (CET). * Can Be Customised for any Educational Institution or Training Academy depending on your requirement - The above details are of an Online Examination System developed for a leading Maritime Academy located in Goa, India.
What Features Should be Included in Online Examination System With the development of the Internet technology, online examination has become more and more poular since it helps people save much energy and time. As an efficient and effective way of teaching and learning, online examination can prevent from cheating and ensure the fairness of the examination results. A good examination system should be developed based on the needs of a real examination. Here are some features an examination system should provide:
The examination instructions will show the basis contents of the examination and something that should be paid attention to. Usually the following elements such as total questions, full score, passing rate, passing score, time limit, etc. are included in the instructions page.
Accessibility of Examination Content
Preset accounts and passwords can be set to protect the contents. And participants can register themselves online. Only authorized users can take the assessment contents. What’s more, domain hosting limitations can be set. Even if the participants have downloaded the flash assessment, it can not be played.
Valid Time of Examination Content
The participants can log in the examination system with their accounts and passwords to access the relevant page to complete the testing in the valid time. The examination will be unavailable when the valid time expires.
Time Limit of the Examination
Participants may log in the system to take the examination after the start time. When the testing time is used up, the examination results will be submitted by participants. Even if the examination is not completely finished at that moment, it will be submitted to the reporting system too. The start time and end time will be recorded precisely in seconds.
Time Reminder for the Examination
The time reminder will tell the participants how much time left during their examination. When it comes to the end of the testing, some alter audio will remind you of submiting your examination paper.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document