* Alliteration – A repeated consonant sound in two or more neighboring words
* Allusion – an implied or indirect reference
* Couplet – is a pair of lines of meter in poetry
* Figurative language – is a distinction in traditional systems for analyzing language
* Free verse – Poetry that does not rhyme or have a regular meter
* Imagery – Visually descriptive or figurative language
* Metaphor – A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
* Meter –
* Onomatopoeia – The formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named
* Persona – A role or character adopted by an author or an actor
* Personification – A object given a person’s characteristics
* Rhyme scheme – The ordered pattern of rhymes
* Simile – A figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind
* Sonnet – A poem of fourteen lines using any of a number of formal rhyme schemes, typically having ten syllables per line
* Speaker – The narrative voice in a poem that speaks of his or her situation or feelings.
* Theme – is the main idea of the poem and/or the authors' feelings about it
* Tone – is the attitude that its style implies
* Voice - is the author's style, the quality that makes his or her writing unique, and which conveys the author's attitude, personality, and character
* Parenthetical citation – is a citation style in which in-text citations must be enclosed within parentheses
* Works cited – a citation is a reference to a published or unpublished source
* Bibliography – A list of the books of a specific author or publisher, or on a specific subject
* Integrated quote – you can write about your thesis, but you should provide concrete proof by providing quotations from... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). On My Way. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/On-My-Way-1410459.html
"On My Way" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/On-My-Way-1410459.html>.
- MLA 7
"On My Way." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/On-My-Way-1410459.html>.
"On My Way." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/On-My-Way-1410459.html.