* Background information on Olaudah Equiano and his life (who, what, when, where, and why). * Four specific facts regarding Olaudah Equiano.
* Your personal views on each of the four facts that you present. Visual:
* To complement your presentation, you must provide a minimum of four images that illustrate Olaudah Equiano's life experiences. Notes:
* Record the four facts that you are presenting in your own handwriting and provide them to your parent/guardian audience prior to your presentation. Your notes should be in complete sentence format.
1. Olaudah Equiano is an African-born former slave, wrote one of the earliest slave narratives entitled The Interesting Narrative of the life of Olaudah Equiano. Olaudah Equiano was born March 31, 1745. Olaudah Equiano was born in Essaka in Nigeria. He is important he is a strong African feature in the abolition of slave trades wrote several books narrating about the things he experienced when he was captured as a slave narrated about the bad acts done by the slave masters and those who attended the slaves. He was a African slave survival that became a African writer.
* He was kidnapped as a child and taken to the New World, where he was sold into slavery. * As a slave to a captain in the Royal Navy, the young Olaudah was introduced to a seafaring life which provided new opportunities. * Equiano travelled the world, and in 1773 he became the first black person to go to the Arctic when he joined Lord Mulgrave's famous expedition to find a passage to India across the North Pole. * He was taken to England, taught to read and write, and eventually earned the price of his freedom.
I feel that he was a very strong and smart African. Even though he was a slave he still has a lot of opportunities to become smart and learns more things about educations. He was determine to become more than just a black man in chains.