“The researcher seeks to find out the purchasing procedures used
at Ammars in the Purchasing Department”
1. To identify the different purchasing procedures used in the business 2. To examine how the different purchasing procedures are used to determine the best prices for stock.
FUNCTIONS OF THE PURCHASES DEPARTMENT
* To oversee the work of stock control.
* To check goods received against delivery notes and purchase orders. * To check packaging for apparent damage, give a receipt or signature to the carrier.
Holy Childhood High School
9 Skibo Avenue
14 September 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam
I am a fifth form student at the Holy Childhood High School where I specialize in Business education. It is a requirement of the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) that I produce a School Based Assessment (SBA) Project in my area of specialization. I am preparing my School Based Assessment in Office Administration on the topic “The researcher seeks to find out the purchasing procedures in the purchasing department.”
In order to obtain the required information to carry out this project, I am seeking your permission to visit your organization and issue some questionnaires and to conduct interviews with staff employees in the Purchasing Department.
I can be contacted between the hours of 2:30 to 6:30 pm. My telephone numbers are 472-2973 and 981-7579 I await your favorable response.
The data instrument that the researcher will be using is the questionnaire. The reasons why the researcher will be using the questionnaire is because: it is relatively easy to analyze, simple to administer and the format is familiar to most respondents.
Relatively easy to analyze; it will be easy analyze because how the questions are structured to answer; the researcher can easily interpret them on graphs or charts or to write a report on it.
Simple to administer, simple because it’s just questions on a paper which individuals will have options to choose from as well as time to answer them.
Format is familiar to most respondents, most if not all questionnaires have the same format in which it is structured to answer and also in presentation which most persons are familiar with.
The researcher will issue twenty (20) questionnaires to the employees in the purchasing department in their lunch times. The employees who will receive questionnaires are: the head of the purchasing department, the purchasing clerks and some of the other employees in the purchasing department.
THE FIVE (5) QUESTIONS
1. What are the different purchasing procedures used in a business? a) Catalogue 
b) Price lists 
c) Enquiry, Quotation and Tender 
d) Estimate, Discounts and Limitation of offer
e) All of the above 
2. What are the most frequently used purchasing procedures? a) Catalogue and Price lists 
b) Enquiry and Tender 
c) Quotation and Discounts 
d) Estimate and Limitation of offer 
3. How are the different purchasing procedures used?
4. What is the most suitable purchasing procedure used to determine the best prices for stock? a) Catalogue 
b) Price lists 
c) Quotation 
d) Discounts 
5. What are the steps in choosing the most suitable purchasing procedure? ________________________________
“The researcher seeks to find out the purchasing procedures used at the Purchasing Department in Ammars.” In carrying out this research, the researcher was able to accomplish the aims and to present the data obtained from the employees in the purchasing department. This is a about the...