Objectives Teaching English:
(A) The objective of teaching English has two main aspects:
(i) Language aspect: Words, sentences, pronunciation, spelling and grammar. (ii) Literature aspect: Words, sentences, expressing ideas, feelings and experiences.
(B) The English language teaching has four objectives to develop four skills: (i) Reading, (ii) Writing, (iii) Speaking and (iv) Listening.
(C) The English teaching also has two objectives:
(I) Skill objectives include:
• To develop the skill of speaking,
• To develop the skill of reading,
• To develop the skill of writing,
• To develop the skill of listening,
• To enable the students for the use of grammar correctly, • To enable the students to analyze the element of language and establish the appropriate relationship among linguistic components.
(II) Cognitive objectives include:
• To acquire knowledge,
• To diagnose the weakness of speaking and writing English, • To compare and illustrate linguistic components,
• To classify the elements of English language,
• To understand the meaning of prose, poetry, story and drama by reading. In order to teach English correctly and properly English teacher must know the aims and objectives of teaching English.