* Producing the right kind of goods and services that satisfy customers’ needs (effectiveness objective).
* Maximizing output of goods and services with minimum resource inputs (efficiency objective).
* Ensuring that goods and services produced conform to pre-set quality specifications (quality objective).
* Minimizing throughput-time- the time that elapses in the conversion process- by reducing delays, waiting time and idle time (lead time objective).
* Maximizing utilization of manpower, machines, etc. (Capacity utilization objective).
* Minimizing cost of producing goods or rendering a service (Cost objective).
Manufacturing throughput time is the amount of time required for a product to pass through a manufacturing process, thereby being converted from raw materials into finished goods. The concept also applies to the processing of raw materials into a component or sub-assembly. The time required for something to pass through a manufacturing process covers the entire period from when it first enters manufacturing until it exits manufacturing - which includes the following:
* Processing time. This is the time spent transforming raw materials into finished goods.
* Inspection time. This is the time spent inspecting raw materials, work-in-process, and finished goods, possibly at multiple stages of the production process.
* Move time. This is the time required to move items into and out of the manufacturing area, as well as between workstations within the production area.
* Queue time. This is the time spent waiting prior to the processing, inspection, and move activities.
The concept of manufacturing throughput time is primarily oriented toward the reduction of time required by the manufacturing process, so that you can increase the amount of throughput flowing through your system and thereby increase profitability. Throughput is net sales minus totally... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 08). Objectives of Production Management. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Objectives-Of-Production-Management-1894504.html
"Objectives of Production Management" StudyMode.com. 08 2013. 2013. 08 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Objectives-Of-Production-Management-1894504.html>.
- MLA 7
"Objectives of Production Management." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 08 2013. Web. 08 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Objectives-Of-Production-Management-1894504.html>.
"Objectives of Production Management." StudyMode.com. 08, 2013. Accessed 08, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Objectives-Of-Production-Management-1894504.html.