Part 1 Multiple Choice Questions Part 2 Short answer questions Part 3 Crtical thinking questions
Chapter 1. An Introduction to the Human Body
1. This is the study of the functions of body structures. a. Physiology
2. This is defined as a group of cells with similar structure and function. b. Tissue
3. Using your fingers to find your pulse on your wrist is an example of c. Palpation
4. Percussion techniques can be used to determine
d. Fluid in the lungs
5. This is the sum of all cellular processes that occur in the body. e. Metabolism
6. This is the regulation of body conditions within normal limits. f. Homeostasis
7. The systems that provide homeostasis are:
g. Nervous system and Endocrine
8. This body fluid directly affects the proper functioning of cells. h. Interstitial fluid
9. This is the structure of a feedback system that receives output from the control center. i. Effector
10. This is the structure of a feedback system that provides input to the control center. j. Receptor
11. A condition NOT regulated by a negative feedback loop would be: k. Childbirth
12. This is a change in body function that can be measured objectively. l. Sign
13. In which cavity is the brain located?
m. Cranial cavity
14. In which cavity are the lungs located?
n. Pleural cavity
15. In which cavity is the stomach located?
o. Abdominal cavity
16. This cavity is inferior to the abdominopelvic cavity. p. Pelvic cavity
17. Which cavity would include the heart?
q. Pericardial cavity
18. The function of the secretions of the serous membrane is to: r. Reduce friction between organs
19. This plane divides the body into right and left halves. s. Sagittal
Please join StudyMode to read the full document