1.1 Overview of SIWES
SIWES refers to the employment of students nearing under-graduation in firms or organizations, which operate on activities related to the respective student’s major subjects.
The course, CSC 3299 as offered in Ajayi Crowther University is a compulsory subject offered by every computer science student in the 2nd semester of the third academic year with the objective of enabling students to come into contact with real life applications regarding the knowledge and skills gained in both theoretical and practical courses of the university.
The core courses of Computer Science offered by ACU are both theory and laboratory practical -based and aid in providing a theoretical concept or ‘base’ to the students so that they are equipped with sufficient knowledge for joining the work force after completion of under-graduation. SIWES on the other hand helps the students familiarize themselves with the experience of being employed in their field and effectively learning and applying the knowledge required by carrying out their activities in the offices and fields.
1.2 Objectives of SIWES
The general objectives if SIWES are outlined as follows:
* Helping students break free from the theoretical world of textbooks and class courses and leap into the real world of applications of knowledge.
* Enabling the students to effectively interact in a work environment within a
hierarchy of employees. The efficiency in working in groups and under higher
authorities is tested during this course.
* Helping students to express dependability, initiative, resourcefulness and
professionalism in the tasks they are assigned.
* To evaluate the person’s ability to communicate and operate under pressure, if
* To help students enhance their creativity and efficiency in dealing with
projects related to their field of study.
* To enable students to pick up skills from the experience... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 01). Object Oriented. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Object-Oriented-548337.html
"Object Oriented" StudyMode.com. 01 2011. 01 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Object-Oriented-548337.html>.
"Object Oriented." StudyMode.com. 01, 2011. Accessed 01, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Object-Oriented-548337.html.