1. What is the name of the recipe you are evaluating?
Grilled Chicken Breast
2. Which essential nutrients—carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals—are included in the recipe?
Each nutrients are include in the recipe. Carbohydrates are 1.41 grams which provide a 0% daily value. Total fat is 1.46 grams and brings 2% daily value. Vitamins that are included are A, and C which A is 26.95 with 1% daily value and C 5.43 mg and has a daily value of 9%. Calcium is 16.66 mg and has a daily value of 2% and Iron .92 mg and has a value of 5%. All are very important in collecting your daily intake of nutrients.
3. Which ingredients are providing each nutrient?
The protein is coming from the chicken which also brings some fat. The garlic and the salt combined equal the amount of sodium in the meal. The lemon would bring the vitamin C and Iron. The chicken is high in cholesterol which in some diets is not very good depending on the persons health.
4. Does this recipe include a good balance of essential nutrients? Explain your answer.
I would answer yes just because chicken is a very healthy thing to eat. Chicken has a lot of protein. The body needs protein to help your muscles stay strong. In my opinion when looking to lose weight or turn fat to muscle chicken breast is an excellent choose.
5. How could the recipe be altered to include more essential nutrients? How the recipe could be altered would be to boil the chicken and not to grill it. Another thing would to just use black pepper for taste and cut out the garlic and the lemon. If you were to use salt I would pick up some NO SALT SALT. The is no sodium in that salt. The less things to make it taste enjoyable the better.
6. Do you consider this a healthy meal? If not, what is a healthy alternative? I do consider this a healthy meal. The reason so is that I have ate this my entire life. Chicken is a huge key to loosing weight for me and for others I know. Chicken...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document